- Information We Collect. We have access to the following categories of information regarding you and your visit to the Sites. Only some of these categories of information identify you directly, but each category offers some information about your interests and activities that could be used to make inferences about you.
Information That You Voluntarily Provide:
- Sites Registration. We have constructed the Sites so that you may visit us and review information about the services and products we offer without revealing your identity or volunteering any personally identifying information. If you choose to register to use Cubist features and services, either as a consumer or a healthcare professional, we will collect "personally identifying information" from you, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address that could be used to contact you. When this information is combined with any information on your health or medical status, we refer to the resulting information as "health-related personal information."
- Interactive Services. If you choose to participate in our interactive services such as questionnaires and surveys, you may disclose health-related information as well as personal facts that could be used to identify you or your family members. Providers who use our benchmarking services and quality of care assessments may choose to disclose facts about their practice and patients that are extremely sensitive, personal data. We do not request or require you to disclose personally identifying information in these forums, but apart from warning you to be prudent in your statements, we do not have the ability to keep you from disclosing private facts.
- Correspondence with Cubist. You may use the Sites to ask questions or report problems regarding our products to healthcare professionals hired by Cubist to address consumers' and health care professionals' questions regarding use of our products. If you communicate with or request information from Cubist personnel, they will have your e-mail address as well as whatever health-related and/or personal facts you chose to include in your e-mail. If you are reporting a product experience, we may ask you for specific facts, including patient initials, age, and gender, and prescribing physician. Regulations require us to collect patient-identifiable information in order to file reports with the United States Food and Drug Administration and other similar agencies in other jurisdictions regarding the safety of our products.
Information That Is Routinely Collected By Our Sites Technology:
- IP Address. We may record the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer when you visit the Sites. The IP address does not identify you personally, but it allows us to maintain communications with you as you move about the Sites.
- Cookies. We may also collect information about your use of the Sites through cookies and similar technology. A "cookie" is a unique numeric code that we transfer to your computer so that we can keep track of your interests and preferences and recognize you as a return visitor to the Sites. Cookie technology allows us to collect "clickstream" data, which is not personally identifying information, but which reflects your activities on the Sites, including your interest in certain healthcare conditions. A cookie does not collect or keep your name or other personal identifying information, but when you revisit the Sites the cookie allows us to bring you the content and features likely to be of greatest interest to you based on your previous activities on the Sites.
- How We Use Your Information. We use the information about your use of the services and activities on the Sites to monitor user traffic patterns and try to analyze what our users prefer so that we can design better services and activities for you. The personally identifying information and health-related personal information that you provide may be used to create customized offers, information, and services tailored to your interests and preferences.
- Personally Identifying Information. You do not have to register to use most of the information and services available for consumers on the Sites. If you choose to register, we may use the personally identifying information you give us to send you an email confirming your registration with the Sites and to respond to questions from you. We may also, from time to time, send you emails with news, special promotions or other materials with information that we think may be of interest to you
- Health-Related Information. We may offer interactive services such as health questionnaires and care management tools that ask you to furnish health-related information about you or your family. If you choose to participate in our interactive services, we will collect the information you may choose to disclose and analyze it to discover new facts that could help us better understand how our products are used in coping with the diseases for which they are marketed.
The information you disclose and provide in interactive services may be linked (pursuant to all applicable laws) with the personally identifying information you may choose to provide elsewhere on our site to provide us with personally identifying information about your health and health care. We may combine your health-related information with that from other site users to create summary data that we will use for our business purposes, including research to improve our products and analyses that may help us better market our products.
- IP Address. In addition to using the IP address of your computer to maintain communications with you as you move about the Sites, we may also use your IP address to personalize content provided on the Sites. We may retain IP addresses, and we may retain them together with personally identifying information.
- Vendors and Suppliers. We may from time to time have relationships with different vendors and suppliers who help us design and maintain our systems and our computer security, respond to email and customer inquiries, and create special promotions. We will not authorize our vendors and suppliers to use our customer information for any purpose not related to our business.
- Law Enforcement. In certain limited circumstances, we may be called upon to release your personally identifying information and/or health-related personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law, or regulation. We plan to cooperate in responding to such requests, taking appropriate measures to ensure that the requester understands the sensitive nature of the personally identifying information and/or health-related personal information that they may receive. We also reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting users who violate our rules or engage in behavior that is illegal or harmful to other users of the Sites.
- Product Reports. If you contact us regarding your experience in using one of our products, we may use the information you provide in submitting reports to government agencies regulating the healthcare industry in the United States and elsewhere, including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and as otherwise required of us by law. We also may use the information to contact the prescribing physician to follow up regarding an unexpected event involving use of our product.
We pledge that we will not sell or disclose any personally identifying information or health-related personal information you provide on the Sites to an unrelated third party without your express permission, except that we may partner with other companies to provide you with content or services on a joint or "co-branded" basis. At co-branded sites, you will see both the Cubist LOGO and the logo of the co-branded partner displayed on your screen. To access the services available on co-branded sites, you may have to complete an on-line registration form, and this registration information may be shared with our co-branded partners. You should read the individual privacy policies of the co-branded sites, as these may differ in some respects from ours. Reading these policies will help you to make an informed decision about whether to provide your information to a given site. Remember, you may always opt-out of sharing your information with a partner site by choosing not to use the service or content provided by the co-branded site.
Other Important Information About Our Relationship With Third Parties:
Our Children's Policy. The Sites content and services are intended for adult users over the age of 13. The Sites is not designed to attract child users. If we learn that an under-13 user has volunteered personally identifying and/or health-related personal information on the Sites, or that a provider has volunteered information about a patient who is identified as younger than 13 years old, we will delete such information from our active databases in accordance with our deletion policy, which is described in the section on Privacy Choices below.
Your Privacy Choices. When you access any interactive tool or service on the Sites, you will be asked to affirmatively choose ("opt-in") to provide the requested information. You may always choose not to provide the requested information.
Receive Email. You may elect to receive email updates about developments regarding Cubist. If you decide, at any later time, that you no longer wish to receive these emails you may unsubscribe to our email list by sending an email entitled Unsubscribe to CustomerService@cubist.com.
Accept Cookies. Your browser software can be set to reject all cookies, but if you reject our cookies certain of the functions and conveniences of the Sites may not work properly. Cookies and similar technologies are how we ensure that we can promptly retrieve and deliver the information to you when you use the Sites.
Correct/Update Personal Information. You may correct or update the personally identifying information and/or health-related personal information you previously provided to the Sites at any time, using the following option:
You can write to the following address:
Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
65 Hayden Ave.
Lexington, MA 02421
Remove Personal Information.You may remove previously provided personally identifying information and/or health-related personal information at any time using the following option:a
You can write to the following address:
Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
65 Hayden Ave.
Lexington, MA 02421
aDeletion Policy. The information that you provide to us is stored in servers that are operated and maintained by Cubist and third parties under contract with Cubist. Users of the Sites should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove from our servers each and every record of the information you have provided to Cubist. The need to back-up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of information about you or your health-related interests may exist in a non-erasable form that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate. Nevertheless, we promise that upon receiving your request, Cubist will delete all personally identifying information and/or health-related personal information stored in the databases Cubist actively uses for research and daily business activities, or stored in other readily searchable media. In addition, we will use commercially reasonable efforts not to disclose any personally identifying information and/or health-related personal information stored in a non-erasable format after receiving your request for removal, except as required by law.
Please see the full Prescribing Information